The next source I am going to blog about is entitled "A Study of teachers' integration of interactive whiteboards into four Australian primary school classrooms" by Sue Bennett and Lori Lockyer. I found this source to extremely helpful because it gave me an insight into how IWBs were being used in four different classrooms all in one source! Furthermore, all 4 teachers that are being looked at in this article having different degrees of experience with technology and teaching. All the teachers stated that they saw an "immediate practical benefits" such as saving time in accessing electronic resources, assisted in the routine teaching tasks, and many other classroom activities.
The most important thing that I found in the article is that each teacher used the IWB to support content and learning objectives instead of fitting lessons that work with the IWB. This idea is at the heart of where I want to my paper to go. I want to be a teacher that plans what the required content is first, and then I will work on ways to integrate the IWB or other engaging tools/activities. Once I become adapt at integrating the IWB like teachers in this source, I will be able to mesh lesson plans with IWB smoothly and correctly.
I agree with some of these conclusions....time saver, organizes resources, assist in routine tasks, however, does this lead to greater understanding?
ReplyDelete